CHI Friendship: Employment Specialist
You have experience working with people with disabilities and supervisory experience. You are someone who is detail oriented and is able to think quickly on your feet. You enjoy an active work environment and not sitting at a desk all day. Working as an Employment Specialist you will oversee job sites as well as job development and supervision of community activities.
This position requires supervision of staff and includes managerial duties such as day to day operation of the site, weekly scheduling and ensuring the needs are met of the people supported.
You will have a caseload of people supported and you will ensure their dreams and goals are met with regards to employment. Employment Specialists must be flexible with their available hours to meet the needs of those they are responsible for. This position will also provide assistance to the Director/Administrator of Vocation Habilitation.
State & Federal Regulations
Implements the Overall Service Plans, Personal Outcome Measures, Waiver Survey guidelines, Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) guideline and any other organization regulations or standards
Oversees staff performance and supervision for Supervisors and DSP’s. This includes Kronos, Taleo, HRPR, staff evaluations, CHI’s online training system, staff education and annual training. This includes being responsive to the needs and questions of staff and people supported.
Be a Servant Leader. A servant-leader calls us to put the needs of others first. Servant leaders help others do their best and inspire everyone around them to help create a culture of service. Servant leaders concentrate on helping all people to achieve their hopes and dreams through the use of courage and doing whatever needs to be done.
Learning About The Person Supported
· Uses the Personal Outcome Measures and other assessments to learn about each person’s goals and dreams.
· Learns about the life experiences (work, residential, social, etc.) of the person and assist him/her to expand his/her experiences through education and a variety of community experiences.
· Learns what barriers hinder the accomplishment of the person’s goals and dreams. Utilize current services and supports and/or advocate for additional services and supports as needed to overcome the barriers.
· Maintains person’s data using Therap system.
Integration and Community Support
· Provides direction for all job development placement activities.
· Actively solicits employment and volunteer opportunities for people as requested.
· Provides ongoing oversight and observation at all job and volunteer sites.
· Learns about people’s vocational, community and social interests and provide the necessary support to assist the person to develop his/her interest in an integrated environment.
· Supports and assists people to remain connected to their natural supports (family, close friends, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc.).
· Supports and assists people to develop and maintain a network of friends/relationships.
· Supports and assists people to be active members of the community (i.e., volunteer work, belonging to clubs/organizations, participating in church activities, etc.) by emphasizing choices and options.
Apply online at: https://www.chifriendship.com/