Mac's Hardware: Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager works collaboratively with the Store Manager and other associates to run a successful store. The Assistant Manager needs to be an effective Manager on Duty in the Store Manager's absence. The primary difference in Assistant Manager and Store Manager responsibilities is one of scope. While a Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of a store's performance, the Assistant Manager typically has a narrower focus in his role helping the Store Manager. An Assistant Manager must have experience in the merchandising and operational aspects of the store. An Assistant Manager must demonstrate excellent customer service. The Assistant Manager is a role model, a leader, a problem solver, and must manage his time to help achieve budget results. The Assistant Manager helps the Store Manager promote CNRG's culture and values to all employees, and helps ensure that the entire store operates according to CNRG's policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Perform all sales counter functions, point-of-sale (register) functions, and store administrative functions as need requires.
· Lead by example in providing exceptional customer service personally.
· Train and motivate the store sales team to provide exceptional customer service.
· Cultivate very satisfied customers who are treated according to CNRG's operating philosophy and profit objectives.
· Respond immediately to any customer complaints and resolve them quickly.
· Keep the retail sales floor properly merchandised by implementing local and corporate directives such as key assortments, plan-o-grams, seasonal items, promotional displays, pricing updates, and end caps.
· Direct yard and delivery personnel to ensure that customer deliveries are properly loaded and are delivered on time, on-grade, and complete.
· Assist contractor salesmen in serving the ongoing needs of our customers.
Budgets & Payroll:
· Drive store sales and profit to exceed budget.
· Understand the dynamics that impact the financial performance of the store and remain accountable to results that meet or exceed company objectives.
· Control costs and schedule payroll in a manner consistent with CNRG objectives for labor productivity and customer service.
· Ensure that all inventory movement (sales, returns, transfers, adjustments) is recorded timely and accurately to help detect and prevent shrinkage.
· Ensure that the store keeps proper amounts of inventory on hand, sufficient to meet customers' needs, but in line with inventory investment goals.
· Ensure that the inventory is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion, consistent with company policy and good business practices.
· Ensure that warehouse and yard personnel accurately receive and properly store merchandise.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
· Ensure a safe and secure working environment at all times.
· Possess strong working knowledge of store security measures and advise employees on company-approved methods of preventing loss and promoting safety.
· Ensure all equipment is in good condition and safe (ladders, forklifts, trucks)
· Conduct and document regular safety meetings with store associates.
· Ensure that inventory is protected against loss and theft (out of rain, lumber flat stacked, secure high theft items)
· Create a team environment throughout the store.
· Assist associates with the Resource Center for information and resources to help them in their job.
· Promote an enjoyable working environment that is conducive to self-motivation, high productivity, and overall morale.
· Promote an open door environment where associates feel free to report problems and offer ideas to management.
· Maintain vigilant compliance with company policy and report any unusual occurrences promptly.
· Check email regularly for communications from management and customers and respond timely.
· Contribute to monthly store meetings with the store team to discuss store performance and goals, upcoming promotions and events, problems, and safety.
· Use the Resource Center for access to important information, forms, policies and procedures and to report problems.
· Report problems, obstacles and ideas on how to improve the store's performance, customer service, and operations to your supervisor.
Coaching & Training:
· Provide an enjoyable working environment that is conducive to self-motivation, high productivity, and overall morale.
· Provide immediate feedback on employee performance and implement corrective measures. Help the team succeed. Don't ignore problems.
· Help develop and mentor all store and yard employees.
· Direct associates to training opportunities through the Resource Center.
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by the store manager's supervisor or other qualified corporate or platform representative.
Must demonstrate excellent leadership and problem solving skills, be able to manage with limited supervision, and must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays. Must have mathematical and general business skills sufficient to understand and interpret data presented in statistical or numerical form and be able to use it effectively in assessing and coordinating the merchandise and operations aspects of store operations. Must have strong working knowledge of retail building materials, home improvement and hardware products, and general retail operations. Some previous retail experience is preferred. Must possess demonstrated ability to manage physical assets and perform physical work, including lifting merchandise weighing up to 100 pounds, reaching products on shelves, and climbing ladders.
This job can be classified as a salary or hourly position depending on the location. Though successful assistant store managers may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. CNRG's culture is to promote from within and special consideration will be given to CNRG's candidates with experience. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.