Wil-Rich: Finance Controller
POSITION: Finance Controller
REPORTS TO: CEO
Located in Wahpeton, ND, AAJV is a leading manufacturer of seeding and tillage equipment. As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the organization’s fiscal function and performance. A hands-on position with daily responsibilities, monthly reporting, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting, and long-term strategic operatives. Leadership role for Human Resources and IT to make a positive impact on all company employees. The successful applicant will have experience preparing financial statements according to GAAP and tax filing requirements for multiple states. The Controller will work closely with the General Manager and report directly to the CEO. This position is also the Treasurer and Secretary for the corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Be the primary financial accountability executive of the leadership team and communication of financial results to AGCO and Amity Technology.
· Develop, direct and control departmental activities to provide accurate financial records, information systems and reports to assist management in day-to-day operation of the company.
· Oversee consolidated accounts, receipts and disbursements, ordering and billing, tax compliance and strategy, and provide direction over the accounting systems and internal control functions for the company
· Conduct ongoing financial analysis of the manufacturing business, prepares monthly financial and statistical reports within four days of month end and provides to CEO and board members.
· Financial management and planning for the R & D budget, including annual spending, ROI analysis, capital improvement projects, etc.
· Provide assistance to department heads in preparation and development of budget and annual work plans in relation to personnel, facilities, equipment and supplies. Coordinate, consolidate and prepare budgets.
· Analyze feasibility of capital investments in a manufacturing environment (i.e. large equipment, facilities, etc.) with focus on improving productivity and optimizing procurement strategy
· Provide strategic financial analysis and reporting to Board of Directors, including budget information, strategic planning, reporting, and other analyses as required. Analyze operating results for comparison with budget and long range plans in order to make appropriate recommendations.
· Assist CEO in preparation of quarterly board meeting materials, prepares minutes of board meetings and special reports as requested.
· Keep all records in accordance with prescribed system of accounts and ensures compliance with various rules, regulations, policies and procedures of regulatory agencies.
· Oversees timely compliance with financial reporting requirements of federal, state and local agencies and provides information and assistance during audit engagements, including Federal and State income tax and R&D tax reviews.
· Maintain good cash management of general funds to ensure prompt payment of legal obligations and provide a maximum return on funds. Be point of contact for all banking/wire needs, negotiating LOC renewal.
· Maintain product margin analysis to provide input into pricing and maintaining price changes in 4th shift. Provide recommendations to positively affect margins.
· Responsible for all direct and indirect personnel in the Finance/Administration Department, Human Resources and IT, providing leadership, supervision and building a strong team.
· Coordinate development, implementation and revisions of wage and salary departmental plan and counsels with management staff on recommendations of wage and salary adjustments to CEO.
· Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy; Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educate others on the value of diversity; Promote a harassment-free environment; Build a diverse workforce.
· Manage all insurance programs including health, dental, vision, property, etc. in consultation with CEO. Be point of contact for administering employee benefits, including 401k.
· Administer filing of claims related to liability, property damage, etc.
· Participate in updates and development of viewpoints, objectives, employee policies and operating procedures in coordination with CEO and assist with interpretation or clarification.
· Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of accounting principles and practices along with the ability to work at strategic and hands-on tactical levels of a manufacturing organization while effectively planning, implementing, and executing tasks.
· Knowledge of all relevant accounting principles and procedures (including GAAP)
· Strong ability to analyze financial data, prepare reports and statements, and communicate the results of such analyses clearly and concisely
· Understanding and experience with manufacturing, technology and enterprise resource planning systems; accounting/finance-related areas including corporate and member financing, tax strategy, cash flow/working capital, investments, financial statements, and internal controls; employee health and welfare plans, strategic planning, program execution, budgeting, and communications
Education and/or Experience - A Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum 5 years of experience in senior-level finance or accounting position with knowledge of various functions of a manufacturing business, including sales, marketing, design and manufacturing. Prefer an MBA or demonstrated advanced accounting/business knowledge. CPA designation preferred and knowledge of the agriculture industry a plus.
Experience in computer systems (ex. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, other business management software) and ability to learn Fourth Shift ERP systems. Experience in managing department personnel and external stakeholders.
Language/Communication Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technology requirements, financial reports, general business periodicals, and government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and solve problems with groups of employees at all levels in the organization. Proven professional communication, interpersonal, persuasion, and customer service skills
Reasoning Ability – Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience in tax are essential to this position. Exceptional ability to proactively solve problems and offer constructive solutions. Customer minded and knowledge of agricultural machinery industry with ability to solve difficult problems, collecting data, developing solutions, and drawing valid conclusions. Ability to make decisions and to assume responsibility for the results of decisions made.
Skills/Abilities - Demonstrated supervisory and employee relations skills. Ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize tasks to meet required deadlines. Ability to accept constructive criticism and work well under pressure. Attention to detail. Strong ability to communicate effectively through different media (phone, fax and internet). Only minimal travel is expected.
To Apply: Apply in person at 17885 Hwy 13 in Wahpeton